Friday, July 2, 2010

In a slump

Lately I've been in a bit of a slump. I have two completed paintings that I did last week that I really don't like. I was trying out some different techniques and designs but they didn't work. I think one of them didn't work because it wasn't really my "style". I was venturing out a bit but didn't feel very inspired while I was starting it and it showed. I ended up gessoing over one of the paintings and will probably do the same with the second one. I also started another larger painting a couple of days ago and it is mostly finished but I again don't love it. It has potential but I'm not sure what to do with it.

I don't like these times when my good creativity is turned off. I hope in the next few days I'll be inspired again and do some paintings I'm proud to put my name on. Until then I'll struggle through.

No comments:

Post a Comment