Monday, November 9, 2009

Red Sky Paintings

Red Sky I
11" x 14" acrylic on canvas
I've been inspired by a few different artists lately and wanting to play around with watercolor techniques using acrylic paints. This is the result. I love the little green line in between the white and the dark red toward the bottom of the painting. This is something you have to get pretty close to the painting to even see. I might still go back and make the line more bold.

Red Sky II
11" x 14" acrylic on canvas
This is essentially the same as the first one. I wanted two similar paintings to hang on either side of my bookcase. As you can probably tell, red, orange and yellow are my favorite colors. I seem to use them a lot.

2 comments:

  1. I want to buy one of each, please....The trees are my love. Send them! Oh, how I wish...Keep it up lady. It makes me happy to see you do such neato stuff. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...I mean hot! So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete