Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trees

I've been thinking about trees for years and wanting to paint some so I gave it a try last month.

4 Trees I9" x 12" acrylic on canvas ($112 - SOLD)
Much better picture than the last one. In my bright and sunny world I have to wait for a partly cloudy day and then take pictures quickly while the sun is behind the clouds. It takes a while to get good pictures, especially when my two kids are trying to feed me pretend food (sand and rocks) or getting their shadows in the way.

4 Trees II12" x 16" acrylic on canvas (not for sale)
Most of the time when I start some new kind of painting I like the original painting the best, but in this case I like the second painting best, mostly. I like the color of the sky in the first painting best.

Single Tree4" x 5" acrylic on paper (SOLD)
I struggled with this one for a little while and didn't really like it. The other day as I walked into my studio and glanced at it I decided it was pretty good. I kind of like painting really small every once and a while.

1 comment:

  1. The three trees remind me of 3 kids all whispering together, and the 4th is kind of too shy to join them. I like it.

    ReplyDelete