Sunday, April 18, 2010

Several Small Paintings

I've been painting like crazy lately trying to get ready for an art fair. Most of the paintings are small so I can scan them in. There are a few that are larger and will have to wait to be posted until I can get out and get them photographed.

3 Blue Trees6x6" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas ($40 - SOLD)


Poppies on Purple4x6" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas ($28 - SOLD)
I wanted to do one more poppy painting. I think I'm done with them for a while. I'm kind of tired of the same old thing.


Yellow Flower
8x8" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas ($74 - SOLD
I love how this flower turned out. I think the yellow on the green is striking. The green is a little lighter than pictured.


Red Flower on Black
8x8" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas ($74 - Purchase on Etsy.com)
I haven't painted with black for years (other than the black outlines in most of my paintings). It was a color that suited my darker mood years ago but I haven't even thought about using it for a main color for some time. I had a pretty dark day the other day and did a black, red and white drippy painting that was too big for my scanner so I'll have to include it later. I decided I wanted to carry on the color scheme and try a flower. I really like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment