Friday, March 5, 2010

More Trees

I was again looking at Jessica Torrant's portfolio and saw one of her paintings that reminded me of a landscape with one shape that looked very much like a tree.
I knew right away that I wanted to do a painting of trees again, but in a very different style than my last trees. I think I really love trees. They are just so lovely and can be so many different colors and shapes. So many options for new and different paintings.

Small Green Trees
5x7" Acrylic on watercolor paper (Not for sale)

Small Red and Orange Trees
5x7" Acrylic on watercolor paper (Sold, Prints available for $10 - Purchase at Etsy.com)
As you can see, I didn't make it very long before I used red, yellow and orange again. I can't help it. They truly are my favorite colors. I liked this color scheme so much I decided to do a big one much the same.

1 comment:

  1. It delights me to see how you've taken some of the abstract forms in my work and interpreted them as trees, transforming them and making them your own in your work. This series is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete