Friday, March 5, 2010

Orange and Red Trees with new signature

16x20" Acrylic on canvas ($230)
I loved the color scheme of the Small Orange and Red Trees so much that I decided to do a larger one. All said and done, I like the small one the best. These trees are too uniform. I still like it well enough to hang it up in my house, until it gets sold that is. I think I'll do some more trees, in different colors and different sizes.

Notice the new signature. If it were up to me I would leave the signature off of my paintings because I think the signature detracts from the composition. Alas, I want people to know who's paintings they are so I include it. My last signature worked for many years, but I finally decided it was too long (thanks for my long maiden name Dad). No one can read it anyway, so I opted for this signature instead. It also incorporates my married name (which my husband is happy about). I can also do it really small so it is not as obtrusive in the composition.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love love love love the trees. And the signature. But mostly the trees.

    ReplyDelete