Friday, March 5, 2010

Mostly Round, Mostly Green

I've been intrigued by Jessica Torrant's art lately. I found out about her just a little while ago. I like the way she outlines all her shapes and then uses a flat color to fill them in. I actually tried to duplicate Jessica's style (purely for experimentation, not trying to copy and pass off as my own), just to see if I could do it. I couldn't even make the first mark on the canvas. I'm just not able to be that free I guess. I need more of a plan in mind before I can start. So, a new style of my own (with Jessica Torrant influence) is emerging. I'm not abandoning my old styles, just branching out a little. I think I have a mild form of painters ADD.

11x14" Acrylic on canvas ($164 - Purchase on Etsy.com)
I've always loved piles of rocks. I don't collect them or anything, I just like how they look and how they stack on one another.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Love it. My favorite colors, love the variation in height of the piles, size and shapes of the rocks...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful palette of colors in this one, and I like the sense of peace and balance you've created.

    ReplyDelete